Friday, May 13, 2011

Back to Blogging

I've given my final, and have grades ready to submit.  The semester is over! 

Over the summer I may do some blogging again, as I may have time for it.  I was noticing that on my calendar, I now have empty days ahead, something I haven't seen for a while.  I'm looking forward to those. 

To start off, I've just finishing registering for FCRC, and it seemed apropos to complain about how expensive it was.  I'll be there about 4 days, for 2 overlapping conferences (that last 5 days), and it costs nearly $1000 in registration fees. 

But then I looked at other conference prices.  Int'l Symposium on Information Theory 2011 is $725.  That does include several lunches, a banquet, etc., and it is a 5-day conference.  SIGCOMM 2011 is $625, again with banquet, 3-day conference.  Not sure about lunches. 

FCRC still looks expensive, but perhaps not ridiculously so.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EC + STOC cost $1200 in registration fees.

Anonymous said...

Not to mention that Internet in the room costs extra. It's peanuts compared to overall costs, but still annoying.